Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving- Cox Family Style

I am sitting at my Grandmothers (aka MaMaw) relaxing after a huge delicious meal. All of the Aunts, Uncles and Cousins were present except for Sarah and Tim who will be coming home for Christmas from Kansas. We sure did miss them!! We had Turkey, Ham, rolls, dressing, cranberry sauce, corn, green beans, sweet potatoes, hash brown casserole, baked beans, fried potatoes, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, cheese ball, stuffed mushrooms, macaroni and cheese, two chocolate pies, pecan pie, Kentucky derby pie, heath bar cake, pumpkin roll, and cherry cheesecake, a true menagerie of southern foods. The older great children ran around chasing each other with the turkey leg bones. The younger great grandchildren wowed us with singing, smiles and other small feats of wonder. My husband brought the movie, Wall-E for the kids to watch as a surprise to Zeke and Elijah. The truth is he couldn't wait until Christmas to watch it and begged me to let him give the boys a Thanksgiving gift. So now the family that is still here are vegged out watching Wall-E. Except for Anna and Emily who have decided the movie does not have enough talking and took a VHS from their youth into another bedroom to watch. We will hang out here until tonight after we heat up leftovers and go to one of the cousins houses to play games. I am so blessed to have this wonderful family who are also some of my best friends. I could not be the person I am today with out them!! Just think Christmas will be here before you know it and we will all be together again!! I think of the song, "Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart"- I give thanks to my Heavenly Father for all of my family and friends. My heart is truly grateful.

Update from last post: Unfortunately-I am still in the process of Mission Organization and Clean Goodman Household. It should be finalized this weekend. Mission Christmas Decoration will then start. I have hired reinforcements.

No comments: